Psychology is the study of human behavior and mind. That is the reason it always has a mystical aura around it. Psychology helps people to understand themselves and their surroundings better. A number of experiments are carried out everyday to serve this purpose.
As we all know, human behavior is constantly changing and so are the tests to analyze it. One such test is the type of personality test.
Every individual has a different personality, however, there are certain traits that are commonly seen in everybody. Based on these traits, certain tests have been compiled. One such test is the type B test that was first introduced in 1921. Type A and type B people are very opposite to each other.
A person's behavior can change from time to time, so will these personality tests be still useful? The answer to this question is definitely affirmative. Because, though human behavior changes, there are some major qualities in each person that never change. These tests are based on these non-changeable characteristics.
Type A Personality
- Always stressed out
- Very ambitious
Type B Personality
- Hardly stressed
- Does not mind losing
From this information it is very clear that Type A people are stress junkies, whereas type B people are cool like a cucumber! If you are still confused whether you are type A or type B, take the following test. This test will clearly tell you your personality.
1. When facing an unfamiliar problem, what do you usually do?
- Address the problem immediately.
- Think about what to do and then take action.
- Sit back and let things work out for themselves.
2. If you have to wait for someone or something for about thirty minutes, what do you do?
- Keep checking the watch.
- Get impatient and somewhat angry.
- Do not mind, spend your time looking around.
3. Someone does something nice for you. How do you react? What are your immediate thoughts?
- You wonder what it is that they want.
- You feel a little uncomfortable, but definitely appreciate the gesture.
- You think it's very kind of them and go out of your way to return the favor.
4. What is a normal day in your life like?
- Full of problems.
- A mixture of problems and fun.
- There are never enough things to keep me busy.
- True, because you have experienced it.
- Absolutely true.
6. Do you often finish other people's sentences because they speak too slowly?
- Yes, frequently.
- Yes, sometimes.
- No, never.
- Shouldn't praise, as it makes people proud and lazy.
- Should praise sometimes.
- Should always be praised, as it helps boost their performance.
8. Do you keep a daily schedule plan?
- Once in a while.
- Yes, definitely.
- Depends on the situation.
10. When conversing with someone, who has less knowledge than you (e.g., lower education level) you:
- Feel superior.
- Find an excuse to end the conversation.
- Try to adjust your speech to make him/her comfortable.
If you chose more number of "a" options, your personality type is 'A'; more number of option "b" means you are a mixed personality; while more number of "c" options means you are a type 'B' person.